Thursday, January 6, 2011

Look Mommy- I'm sitting! Day- 6

Ok- so he only sat for like 30 seconds, but he was very proud of himself and I was very proud of him.  He finally sat long enough for me to snap a picture. I'm really glad that I'm doing this photo challenge.  Playing the working, single mom for the majority of the week makes it easy to put off time with Jackson letting him play by himself while I clean bottles, do laundry, wash diapers, sweep the floor, etc. would be so easy to do.  However- I think to myself, I don't want all of the pictures to be with him in the exersaucer or jumparoo.  So I have started doing 1 chore while he plays and then making sure that we get some good play time too.  I know that I can't put off all the chores until he goes to bed, I've tried it- and I was way to exhausted.  But if I can split them up- I know I won't regret how I spent my evenings.  He gets his independent time, but more importantly he get's undivided, uninterrupted time with me.  So I'm so thankful that this challenge has motivated me to put myself in situations to capture the great moments.  Tonight was an surprisingly good night for pictures so I have 3 entries.  I say it was surprising because we went to Wal-Mart and I didn't get home, pumped and unpacked until 6:30 and it was 7:00 before he was changed and done eating.  However, from 7-8 Jackson has demonstrated mastery of the belly to back roll (yes I know this sounds like an IEP goal, it's that time of year), we read our nighttime story together (he helps me turn the pages), and he sat for 30 seconds!  It was an awesome night together and diapers are done, laundry is mostly done, and bottles are cleaned and sterilized and I will still be in bed by 11, having enjoyed time watching Grey's.  It took 4 1/2 months, but we're finally getting into a healthy routine and I'm really starting to enjoy this life.

So without further ado: picture 1, Jackson practicing sitting:
Picture #2:
My very favorite time of night, Jackson led story time (this is a time where I read the pages he turns to, we do mommy-led story time in the crib where I hold the book)

And I've finally got Jackson in action- his film debut of rolling belly to back :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.