Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19


Today begins my months of long days. I have to be at work at 7:30 (and I swear I'll try my hardest!) and I don't leave until after 5. This makes for some super long days! I'm forcing myself to stay up to watch this WVU game, but as the game gets worse and worse- I'm thinking bed sounds great!

I enjoy the extra money from extended day and I'd hate for Jennings not to have a basketball team, but it does stink that I get an hour less with Jackson 4 nights a week. It might not seem like a lot, but that time adds up! I do love teaching and I know I couldn't hack it as a stay at home mom, but I'd love to work part time. I really got spoiled with all these snow days and holidays. However, I think once I get used to this new routine and the 1/2 hour less of sleep I'll settle in and be OK again.

Tonight's pictures are from our playtime on the blankets. Jackson spit up all over his outfit from Miss Brenda so we went with the diaper and fleece shirt. The shirt is a 0-3- I can't believe it still fits him! I feel like he's getting so big but then I see pictures of other babies his age in the same equipment that we have and they fill it up so much more.

Now the diaper is another pocket diaper. It's one of his two Babykicks diapers of the chocoholic collection. Both diapers I got for free from Kelly's Closet. They are one size pocket diapers. These are definitely not my favorite. Some people really love this diaper and I think I might like it a lot more when Jackson is bigger, but I'm not a fan of how the insert fits on the smaller sizes. These have a pocket that is stuffed from the front with a special one size insert. Since the front is folded down, I always have extra insert sticking out on top that I have to fold down. That wouldn't bother me, but they don't fold down very well and then there is a tag that sticks out. They also have side snaps and I still haven't decided if I like those yet. I have to snap one snap tighter in the waist than I do at the thigh which provides a good fit. I hear that the side snaps are better for when they are older though because it makes it harder for them to undo the diaper.

All that said these aren't diapers diapers that I'm getting rid of just yet. They are extremely absorbent and I like that the inner leg gussets are a breathable material. I have never had a leak from these. They are really trim and great diapers for under jeans. Because the inner material takes a lot longer to dry, I run it through the dryer for 15 minutes after I hang it to dry with all the lighter diapers. This makes them dry and softens them up b/c hanging to dry makes them stiff and rough. So overall these are OK diapers for now, but I have a feeling I'll like them a lot right before we start potty training.

So here are a couple of pics of Jackson playing in his 0-3 shirt and Babykicks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.