Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15- Steelers pull it out :)


Today will cover a couple of things. First Way to go Steelers! It was a rough first half, but the Steelers got it together. Jackson slept on me the whole game so I had silent lamenting as well as silent celebration. However I did yell out in excitement with the pass to Brown b/c man did they need that! Looking forward to another good game next weekend. So I've included a picture of Jackson in his Steeler gear, he celebrated after the game.

Next, Jackson had some pictures taken today. I was so proud of him, he sat for the whole hour and only fell over once! He's getting so big, so fast! We ordered a foam play mat for him so that he can practice sitting on a sturdier surface than the blankets and not worry about hitting his head on our hardwood floors. I've included some pictures from the session today, so sorry ahead of time, this is a photo rich blog post today.

Finally, one of the pictures has Jackson modeling his Blueberry Minky Pocket Diaper in "Green Camo." It is by far one of my favorite diapers for him. He has another Blueberry as well and both of these are extremely absorbent. I love that the pocket is huge for quick and easy stuffing. They come with bamboo inserts, which are really absorbent and easy to fold or snap to different sizes. I have one velcro and one snap, I prefer the velcro and the Blueberry velcro has held up better than any of our other velcro diapers. These diapers are some of the ones that I save for "going out." Pocket diapers are some of the easiest to use and clean and they are great for customizing. I think for the fit, now that Jackson is getting bigger, I prefer these over our Fuzzibunz, but we'll see if this remains true. Looking at these pictures, how can you NOT want to use cloth diapers. Not only does this help the environment (over 244 trees are killed a day to make diapers!) but Jackson has never had a diaper rash, will potty train earlier (so they promise), they are super cute, and we are saving a ton of money!

If you have any questions about these diapers or how to get a good deal on them (I've never paid full price!) let me know, I'd be glad to help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.