Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 28-shopaholic day


So Jackson did fairly well in the crib last night. He went down on his belly, woke up at 1:30, 3:30 (ugh- ever since the exorcism of emily rose I'm terrified to get up at this time), 5:00, and up for good at 7:15. I put him on his back after feeding him at 5:00 and he did great. I know it's OK for him to sleep on his belly, but it still just freaks me out. I'll do it if he won't sleep anyway else, but if he's cool on his back, I'll sleep a little better.
So Jackson and I spent the morning playing and had a little nap. We had to wait until 11 for Russell to get up, but when he did we decided to get some shopping and returning done in Clarksburg. We finally got out of the house around 2:30 and hit Kohls. We exchanged 2 things from Christmas and got 3 outfits. We also got Jackson's Valentine's Day present- 3 Eric Carle books. The Kohl's Cares for Kids books are such an awesome deal and they go to a great cause. We already had a The Very Hungry Caterpillar (thanks mom), but we got The Foolish Tortoise, The Grouchy Ladybug, and The Mixed Up Chameleon all for $15. Jackson loves the Very Hungry Caterpillar all the colors and the fun story, so I know he's going to love these books too!
Anyway after Kohl's we went to Home Depot because Russell has to fix the tub so it does more than a shower since Jackson's getting too big for his tub and install a diaper sprayer since Jackson is starting on solid food.
Next, we went out to dinner with Russell's parents at Outback. Jackson was a little fussy and I had to take him out to calm him down, he took a power nap and was good to go. He had a little broccoli and cracked me up. He kept bringing it to his mouth to taste it, he'd make a terrible face, but kept shoving it in his mouth. Finally, he gave up on it.
We spent the rest of the night at the mall doing exchanges. I tried to buy the California Baby cold and flu bubble bath to help with Jackson's congestion- but I guess a lot of people need it this time of year b/c it was all sold out. By the time all of this was done it was 8:30, already past Jackson's bed time. Looking at Jackson, aside from some eye rubbing, you would never know. He was pleasant and fun and smiling. He's such a trooper. He was good and awake for most of the drive home.
He was happy through about 5 minutes of bath time (my picture for today) and then we finished our nighttime routine and he's in his crib again, sound asleep on his back.

I'm so lucky to have such a happy, go with the flow kid. While I try really hard to stick to our routine, sometimes it just doesn't happen and he is so flexible. I'm really thankful for his awesome personality. I'm also really tired and am sorry for this ramble of a post. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight so it'll be a much better post tomorrow night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.