Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17- I love 3 day weekends

Today's will be short. We went to eat with some good friends and got back late. Jackson didn't get to bed until late and I've got to work tomorrow sooooooooo no time to work on the blog tonight! I promise this blog won't be all- "I have the greatest kid ever" because I'm a teacher and I know how those parents sound. However, I do have to say that I'm really lucky because we stayed an hour past his bed time, he was around new people, and only had 2 toys to play with, but he was awesome. A little fussy here and there but easily settled and still laughing as we walked out of the house. I love that I don't really have to worry about taking him places, handing him off, or straying a bit from schedule. He's an awesome kid and I just love when I get to be reminded on nights like this.

So today's picture is of Jackson and Joe. Jackson has begun to learn how to pet Joe. He was rubbing his hand up and down Joe and being very gentle with him. He still loves to grab ears, which we are working on, but it's so neat to see how much he has grown to love his dogs. He'll reach out for them when they walk by, laugh when they come to see him, and pout when the don't. I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but I feel bad for the babies that never get the chance to get to play with pets because their parents get rid of them. It took a lot of work, but seeing Jackson with Joe and Bernie makes it totally worth all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.