Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 Lazy Snow Day

So today we got hammered with snow. We had a very lazy day inside and didn't get out of our PJs until this afternoon. They cancelled school for tomorrow at 3:00 so I decided we'll go out and play in the snow tomorrow instead of today. I'm looking forward to having some snow pictures for tomorrow. I did include a picture of Joe at 8 am this morning when I was taking out the trash, prior to getting snow ALL day. I'll bet the snow will come up to Jackson's chest!

I'm so grateful that I have a job that allows me to spend so much time with Jackson. I have to grade papers this weekend, but I have learned to manage my time much better so that I have time with him. He's growing up so fast and it's hard to keep up!

I was thinking about ways we have made our lives more green this year. One way that came to mind today while I was doing laundry was using additive free laundry detergent (rockin' green and country save) and using wool dryer balls. We don't use any detergent that is not clean rinsing and we use no dryer sheets. I love that it saves money and I find them to be really effective. My dryer balls come from Buddha Bunz and The Green Sheep. Buddha Bunz has beautiful colors and awesome scents. I bought all of my colored/scented ones from Buddha Bunz and then my undyed, unscented ones from the Green Sheep. This worked out really well because I just remove the BB ball when I dry my diapers and I don't have to worry about the scents getting onto the diaper.
One more revelation. I love buying from work at home moms. The customer service is great, I've met some great people, and I love that my money is going to good people. I may pay a little bit more than buying these things at Wal-Mart, but it is money well spent. The quality is amazing. I bought an amber teething necklace for Jackson (I'll write about this another time) from Inspired by Finn. It broke so I emailed to ask how to fix it. They quickly replied not to worry and replaced it for me.
I am thankful for Jackson because having him in my life has really pushed me to research living healthier, greener, and appreciate small businesses even more. So while he enriches my life with his antics daily, he also enriches it by encouraging me to be a better person so that I can teach him to appreciate people and nature.

Today's photos are from Jackson and Joe playing upstairs on the fall safe bed (where we practice sitting) and one of Joe next to the snow at the end of our driveway at 8 am this morning. I'll have to get an updated one tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.