Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21- I'm a mom


Yes, the title of the blog is obvious, but sometimes there are days that it hits you- you're a mom. Today was one of those days. Jackson slept fine but woke up with a stomach bug. He puked all over me and his toys multiple times, had diarrhea, and a fever. He only wanted to be with me, but wasn't fussy as long as I was right there. Then we had a call to go out to the bar to hang out with friends for a birthday. I was going to take Jackson to dinner with them, but then he passed out. By the time he was up from his nap, it was too late and way too cold. So I stayed home while Russell went out. The funny thing is, I didn't mind it at all. I enjoyed the time to play with him, give him his bath, and get him to bed. I got a nice shower and was thankful that he wasn't too miserable and was doing much better by the end of the night. Looking back, I would have been so sad to miss out on an impromptu get together with friends before, but now it didn't phase me. Would I like to visit with friends- definitely, but I know I'll have time to visit with them. I am just surprised at how many things have changed in my life in the past year.

Ok onto the blog. Today's pictures are of Jackson playing on his play mat in one of my favorite outfits, Jackson in his Seuss outfit with a version of baby legs called Rock A Thigh socks, and two picture to compare for this week's challenge- ISO. There is a picture of Bernie on ISO of 80 and the same picture with an ISO 0f 1600. Bernie was torturing himself just staring at the WV teether- he wanted it so badly. This was a neat challenge that has allowed me to see what my camera can do. I'll definitely try to do more with my pictures!

My review today will be of the Rock A Thigh socks. I'm not so sure if I like them yet or not. The fit is great and I love that I'm not fighting to keep socks on, but I'm not sure how I feel about them on a boy. I'm afraid they look too much like tights. The baby legs that I have are baggy and look more pant like. I think I'll use them at home for now for the convenience and make up my mind about them later on. What is the point of these and baby legs? Well with a sick baby who needed frequent diaper changes, they are wonderful for quick diaper changes. Other days, with all of my cute diapers, I love to pair them with a plain colored tshirt to show off the diapers. They will protect his knees when he gets to crawling in warmer weather without the heat and they show off the cute designs on outfits like his seuss onesie that would be covered up by pants. So I really love the concept, but still not sure how I feel about their appearance. For now they are wonderful to wear around the house!

ISO 80 with sunlight
ISO 1600 with sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.