Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10

Jackson's top teeth are starting to come in. I hate seeing him so miserable, and it absolutely amazes me the power of a good bath. He slept very little at Ms. Brenda's today and was very fussy she reported. He slept in his car seat for about 1/2 an hour was up and cried or ate for the remainder of the night. He did help me stuff the diapers, which calmed him for a bit. However, no matter what we did, he was crying within 15 minutes. Until bath time. I set him in the tub and he turned and smiled then kicked the hell out of the thing. He splashed and laughed for 1/2 an hour. He was in a great mood while I got him dressed, in his dad's favorite Mossy Oak diaper, freshly washed wool cover, and comfy pjs. I put him in his blanket and he was sound asleep within 1/2 an hour. It just totally amazes me- despite orajel, teething necklace, teething tabs, and teething toys- Jackson was miserable. 30 minutes and a warm bath and he was so chill. I'm just so glad he loves water so much, I can't wait to take him swimming!
On top of the water, I also wanted to add that I'm so thankful that he's a thumbsucker. A lot of people give me crap about not breaking the habit now, but the following two pics for today show you all why his thumb is so wonderful. What to expect the first year says that 85% of kids break the habit on their own by 5 and 95% by the time they are six. No damage is done until they are 7. So I'll start worrying a few years from now. In the meantime you can see the transformation- totally worth the risk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.