Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 234- Favorite time of day


My favorite time of day with Jackson has become right before bath time when he's getting tired and he crawls over to his book bin. He pulls out book after book and throws them at me to read. He has about 8 books that he will listen to from start to finish, but insists I start all of the books he gives to me. I usually end up reading a page or 2 from many books before he gets to his touch and feel collection and his Brown Bear collection (Bill Martin, Jr and Eric Carle collabs). I love that he is such a reader and how excited he gets during each of his favorite books. We had a really nice night tonight- I made a point to leave school at 4:00 today, which I will continue to try and do. I still have some school work to do and some diapers to finish, but it was so nice out that I went outside with the dogs, the baby monitor and a book for an hour and enjoyed a cup of peppermint tea. I know it's not fall yet, but it's certainly started to feel like it and I'm loving every minute!
Showing off his new t-shirt from dad (and his new haircut from day)
Right after I told him "no, don't touch." Daring me to do something about it
Throwing all of the toys out of his toybox
He just loves shaking those two toys
He cracks himself up
Trying to free pluto from the crib
Reading his new book from Aunt Chris and Uncle Charlie- it's personalized and awesome!
Mad b/c his book is stuck
Brown bear, brown bear makes him a very happy kid :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.