Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 223- Happy Birthday Jackson


Jackson has decided naps are for babies and since he is a 1 year old- he doesn't need them. However, he was in a great mood despite the lack of sleep today. I was so thankful, we had a great birthday.

He played with Mamaw and Saba all day and enjoyed a great breakfast and lunch. For dinner we had his favorite- spaghetti and meatballs. Then he got his first bowl of ice cream and ate the whole thing- he had to have 2 spoons to devour it with. After that he got to open a few presents. Russell and I gave him a birthday book, his Aunt Carrie, Uncle James, and cousin's Brendan and Liam gave him a fun ball toy and a really funny book called Yucky Yummy about what's good to eat and what's not- a perfect book for Jackson who was eating the wrapping paper. He refused to put the balls down for the rest of the night, I was afraid he was going to try and sleep with them. His Aunt Kari and Uncle Luke gave him a Sesame Street scooter that he had a ton of fun playing with all of the characters and hiding the balls in. He's not quite sure about riding yet, but I know this fall he'll be zooming all over the house. He also was cracking us up going "whoa" everytime a toy did something new or he saw a new toy.

I'm not sure how we'll get through the party he had trouble putting aside anything new to open another present. He is so spoiled by his family :) Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of him from today.
Swinging after breakfast
Hey- today's all about me? Awesome!
Happy baby on the front porch swing
My favorite picture of the day
Not sure about the ice cream at first
By the end he was eating off of both spoons
Yummy ice cream
Licking the bowl
I like this birthday stuff
This is mine?
Excited to tear the paper
Definitely would rather eat wrapping paper than listen to his story
Playing with his toy from his cousin's Brendan and Liam
He knew what to do right away
Watching the balls go down the track
Still holding onto his ball and playing with his toy from Aunt Kari and Uncle Luke
Trying out his new ride
Mom, I don't want to look at the camera- I want to play!
Elmo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.