Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 225- Party!


Jackson had a fabulous party and we still had people here late into the night so this is a little late. Jackson, despite his lack of sleep, was in a great mood for the entire party. He warmed up to everyone and laughed and played and had a great time. He loved all of his gifts and even more, all of the attention.
The cake smash was anti-climactic as he isn't really a fan of cake, but he loved the fondant. He REALLY loved the ice cream. He was such a ham- he would fake laugh to get the whole room laughing. It was so nice for him to be surrounded by family and friends- he had such a wonderful day.

That night however, his nap issues moved to nighttime sleep issues. He now will only sleep when I am in the room. He woke up 3 times (probably from a belly ache from the junk food) and I had to sit in the recliner until he was back to sleep. The first time took an hour and I ended up falling asleep there. The next two times weren't as long, but I'm sure I dozed off. I really hope that since I'm going back to work Monday that we will establish a good routine and get back to healthy sleep and pass this stage quickly.

Despite all the sleep issues, Jackson still had as good a birthday as anyone could have asked for. I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. I put up an album on facebook, but here are a few of my favorite pictures from the party.
Playing with a balloon while we get ready for the party
Getting ready for lunch, I love the onesie! It was made by this boutique http://www.facebook.com/LovingLoreleis?sk=wall&filter=2 and she's awesome to work with!
Wearing his WVU Click-a-doo diaper for the smash cake
Not into the cake, but the ice cream was great
One of the decorations I made, each plate has a picture of Jackson from each month in the past year. It's cool to see how he's grown
My first attempt at making a cake!
The caterpillar for Jackson

Mamaw, Saba, and Jackson
Mama and Jackson (I'm the only one he'll smile for when someone's taking a picture, so I never get one with him smiling :( )
Dad and Jackson (see what I mean?)
Hide and Jackson in his outfit from Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.