Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 365- Looking Back

It's hard to believe that I actually did this for a year or that a year is already over.  Looking back so much has changed in this past year and there is very little I can complain about.  It's hard to believe at this time last year I had a 4 month old who I was worried about getting to nap well, sleep in a crib, start baby led weaning with, and roll over.  Now I have a very vibrant 16 month old who is sleeping in his toddler bed, running like a wild man, rearranging furniture on a daily basis, climbing, talking, using utensils, and growing so quickly.  On top of that- I'm 20 days away from making Jackson a big brother as well!  I don't think I could imagine that this would be my life.  I may be tired, doing laundry, reading and going to bed early tonight, but I would much rather have that and wake up to a smiling little boy, holding Mr. Monkey, yelling "Mama" first thing in the morning than spend the night out partying and sleeping the day away tomorrow.  Don't get me wrong- I love that too, and many days I miss that stage of my life, but then there is a kiss, a cuddle, a thank you, or a smile that remind me how blessed I am to have the life I have today.

I have learned a lot from doing this blog over the last year, it's been wonderful to have a daily reflection and a time to sit and remember all the little things.  I have decided to end this blog and start a new one tomorrow, one that reflects our growing family, my more defined parenting sense, and all the new adventures that 2012 promises to bring to our home.  Thank you all for your support, advice, and your involvement in making Jackson become such an awesome toddler.



Breakfast is much better on the coffee table 
Little monkey 
 Will you read me my new book mama? 
This book is pretty cool, but the frogs are the best 
Someone graduated from baby spoons 
He did wonderfully
Then he ripped off his bib and tried to take off his shirt to show me where all the food was going
And to end this blog how I started it- with little baby Jackson ringing in the new year. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.