Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39- Snow Day :)


I love snow days! It was a good day to recharge. We also have a 2 hour delay for tomorrow so we can take our time getting ready in the morning. Since we were home, Jackson and I had breakfast and lunch together. However it was a late breakfast and a later lunch (3:30) so we skipped dinner. For breakfast Jackson had greek yogurt mixed with fruit preserves, toast with cream cheese on it, and watermelon. He loved it all and ate everything he could feed himself. The food pictures are from this morning. He's getting better with the spoon and continues to amaze me at how proficient he is becoming so quickly.
For lunch he had part of a whole grain English muffin with preserves on it, apricots, steamed apples, and steamed carrots. He loved the apples and carrots, didn't really care for the english muffin, and ate the apricots, but didn't love them. He loved the apples so much that he started to eat the pieces off of his bib.
I need to go shopping soon to get more baby friendly foods for Jackson. I think him eating with us will also make me make healthier choices because he wants what I have and it makes me think twice about what eating habits I am teaching him.
Yummy Breakfast!
I'm getting better with my spoon- no yogurt on my forehead today!
So tasty I'll eat it right off my bib.
All done mom- just finishing up the toppings on my thumb.

Also, he got a baby mohawk this morning. It wasn't on purpose, but after breakfast he had yogurt everywhere and got a quick bath. After I got him out of the tub I let him play in the crib while I cleaned up, but I forgot to brush his hair- thus the crazy baby mohawk. I have two pictures of him being his happy self :)

Jackson's favorite toy this week: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-L5739-Chatters-Cookie-Monsters/dp/B00280MB48, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W9PXFG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00280MB48&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1M5534VDV8J5SX5NSAWX Cookie Monster or Elmo chatters. You can see cookie monster in the pictures in his nursery. He'll shake him and make him talk and just crack up. He got them for Christmas and as much as they drive Russell and I crazy- they are awesome to have around. I didn't think he would like them for awhile, but they have been a big hit as of late.

mmmm....cookie monster
Crazy hair!
I love snow days with mom!

He has finally taken to Elmo as much as he has Murray. Here he was being fussy since he didn't get to watch TV (normally he watches as soon as I get home from work so I can unpack and get things ready for dinner) so I let him watch Sesame Street with me. I love watching him when Elmo or Murray comes on so here is a video.


Oh and I was totally the person swearing my kid wouldn't watch TV until he was two- well life hit. I'm home alone with him the majority of the week and the dogs need fed, out, attention, dinner needs cooked, I have to pump, I need to unpack from school, and all in all it takes about 30-40 minutes to get everything ready to go when I get home. I tried it without Sesame Street and every time he would start to cry halfway through pumping or right when the dogs needed in and it just wasn't working. So I decided one tv show a day and it had to be educational. So we DVR Sesame street and it's become a part of our routine. So I eat my words b/c ideally he would be TV free, but as we all know- life isn't always ideal. I don't think he will be forever damaged from an hour a day of Sesame Street.
That is all for tonight-I've got laundry to fold and dishes to put away. I'm going to try to make my 10:00 bedtime tonight. I've not been good with this and it's wearing on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.