Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


I hope you all took an extra minute to have fun reading Dr. Seuss today! This is one of my favorite teaching days of the year. Today my students started their own "foot book" by painting their feed- tomorrow they will decorate them with opposites and write rhymes. We also created oobleck (a wonderful concoction of cornstarch, water, and food coloring) that works as both a solid and a liquid. Days like this, where the kids are having so much fun, they don't even realize all that they are learning. It was probably the best teaching day I've had in awhile!

Here at home, Jackson and I started the day reading "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" Dressed in his Seuss Click-A-Doo AI2 diaper and Dr. Seuss onesie, Jackson was ready for the day. After dinner tonight we had fun playing with the oobleck left over from class. Then Jackson got to do his favorite thing of all, play with Joe.

He still wasn't sleeping well last night, so I'm off to bed- hoping he sleeps better tonight b/c I'm one worn out mama!

I'll leave you all today with one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotation: "Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one!"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About This Blog

This blog will document the lives of Jackson, Joe, and Bernie throughout 2011. The purpose of this blog is to learn to celebrate and appreciate something every day. It will also have comments from me about being a new mom, trying to raise a child to appreciate and respect all things in nature.